ClojureWerkz Scrypt is a tiny Clojure library for working with scrypt, a key derivation function. Scrypt can be used to hash passwords and generate cryptographic keys. It is an alternative to Bcrypt and PBKDF2.
Version 1.1.0 makes it possible to use a native scrypt implementation.
Changes Between 1.0.0 and 1.1.0
Lambdaworks Scrypt Upgrade
Lambdaworks Scrypt is updated to
which makes it possible to use a native implementation of the library.
To quote the docs:
The system property "com.lambdaworks.jni.loader" may be set to override the default native library loader with one of the following values: * nil: refuse to load native libraries and revert to pure Java implementation * jar: extract native library from jar and load with System.load * sys: use System.loadLibrary, which may require java.library.path to be set
Clojure 1.3 Support Dropped
Scrypt no longer officially supports Clojure 1.3.
Scrypt is a ClojureWerkz Project
Scrypt is part of the group of libraries known as ClojureWerkz, together with
- Langohr, a Clojure client for RabbitMQ that embraces the AMQP 0.9.1 model
- Elastisch, a minimalistic Clojure client for ElasticSearch
- Monger, a Clojure MongoDB client for a more civilized age
- Welle, a Riak client with batteries included
- Neocons, a Clojure client for the Neo4J REST API
- Cassaforte, a Clojure client for Cassandra built around CQL
and several others. If you like Scrypt, you may also like our other projects.