ClojureWerkz Mailer is an ActionMailer-inspired mailer library for Clojure. It combines Postal, Clostache and a number of its own features and conventions to make delivering complex template-based emails as painless as possible.
Why Use Mailer
All the building blocks to make email rendering and delivery easy in Clojure have been in place for a while, Mailer simply combines them and brings in some time tested ideas from Action Mailer.
What’s In The Box
Mailer lets you:
- Send email using pluggable transports
- Use Moustache templates for email
- Generate HTML and/or plain text email
- Deliver mail over SMTP or Sendmail
- Test rendered emails easily
Mailer is a small library and all of its documentation guide fits in the README.
Mailer is a moderately mature project, the API hasn’t changed in over a year.
Supported Clojure Versions
Mailer supports Clojure 1.4+.
News and Updates
New releases and updates are announced on Twitter.
Mailer is a ClojureWerkz Project
Mailer is part of the group of libraries known as ClojureWerkz, together with
- Langohr, a Clojure client for RabbitMQ that embraces the AMQP 0.9.1 model
- Elastisch, a minimalistic Clojure client for ElasticSearch
- Cassaforte, a Clojure client for Cassandra built around CQL
- Monger, a Clojure MongoDB client for a more civilized age
- Welle, a Riak client with batteries included
- Neocons, a Clojure client for the Neo4J REST API
and several others. If you like Mailer, you may also like our other projects.